Collection of Banknotes and Paper Securities
Our collection of monies also includes a Collection of Banknotes and Paper Securities numbering about 19,000 items. It comprises not only paper currency, but also various documents relating to financial transactions from the last three centuries – bonds, promissory notes, cheques, and share certificates.
Of particular significance to Polish history is a collection of treasury bills from the Kościuszko Rising and from the Congress Kingdom of Poland along with bonds from Galicia. A more recent time is reflected in an assemblage of banknotes and coupons from the Łódź ghetto donated by Włodzimierz Głuchowski in 1978.
Among the foreign banknotes in our possession, especially noteworthy are the nearly complete series of dollar note issues from the United States and Canada, donated by Andrzej J. Piękoś in 1976.
- Collection of Polish Coins
- Collection of Coins from Lands Historically Affiliated with Poland
- Collection of Ancient Coins
- Collection of Foreign Coins
- Collection of Eastern Coins
- Collection of Banknotes and Paper Securities
- Collection of Polish and Foreign Medals
- Sigillography Collection
- Faleristics Collection
- Collection of Religious Pendants and Miscellanea